Women & Hi Tech is seeking candidates to fill a vacancy in its Board of Directors. This person will serve as the Collegiate Outreach Director. We are a volunteer, working board, committed to changing the landscape of women represented in STEM to be equally inclusive to all. No box-checkers, please. In other words, we’re looking for someone who is not only passionate about our mission, but is also willing to commit their time and resources to help us achieve that mission.
We’d also like to emphasize that this position is open to women and men, and that he/she does not need to be located in Indianapolis (but must have the ability to travel to Indianapolis for board meetings, events, and meetings as necessary).
A description of the role and its responsibilities is listed below. To apply, complete this online form by Monday, November 12. Please share this information with your networks and help us find the next great addition to our board!
COLLEGIATE OUTREACH DIRECTOR:
The Collegiate Outreach Director role is a volunteer, voting position on the Board of Directors.
Term of Office: Two (2) years
The Collegiate Outreach Director has demonstrated a willingness and enthusiasm to work towards the mission of Women & Hi Tech. She/he has demonstrated the ability to positively influence others and the willingness to solicit and obtain substantial financial contributions.
The Collegiate Outreach Director should have experience in a higher education environment, with special consideration given to those with experience specifically in STEM education. She/he must have knowledge of the changing needs of women and the changing landscape of STEM education, and reflect the interests of the community and Women & Hi Tech members. Additionally, travel to different parts of the state for collegiate engagement will become increasingly important, so this role will require the flexibility/ability to travel.
All Directors shall be a member in good standing at time of initial voting and must remain in good standing throughout their tenure.
- Grow collegiate memberships and sponsorships throughout the state of Indiana
- Increase collegiate attendance (staff and students) at events
- Identify, manage, and grow community relationships with colleges, universities, and professional development institutions throughout the state of Indiana
- Understand and communicate involvement with Women & Hi Tech with respect to:
- Benefits of membership and sponsorship
- Programming, event and scholarship opportunities
- Gaining input and feedback to determine how to improve and expand services and programs for collegiate audiences
- Presenting suggestions to the board for additional programming and events
- Coordinate with other Directors, especially K-12 Outreach Director, on:
Initiatives, activities and programming that reach multiple constituencies
Evaluating outreach opportunities for W&HT, whether from outside the organization or proposed internally, and making recommendations to the Board of Directors for their action
Plan and execute events targeted towards our collegiate members within approved budget
Lead initiatives and communications involving collegiate and professional development scholarships
Attend Executive Women Forum, Networking Events, and Leading Light Awards
Participate in panel discussions and other events as a representative of Women & Hi Tech
Participate, as much as possible, on Women & Hi Tech service or advisory committees