Women & Hi Tech invites you to join us for an evening of cultural education, festivity, food, and networking at its 2021 Multicultural Celebration. This new event will take place on the evening of June 9, 2021 from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm (EST) at the Indiana State Museum Great Hall in downtown Indianapolis (650 W. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46204). ** The Great Hall at the Indiana State Museum is an indoor space that connects with an outdoor space on The Canal. Women & Hi Tech is pleased to announce that a new cultural exhibit – “Response: Images and Sounds of a Movement” - will be showing in the Legacy Theatre of the Great Hall during our event. Thanks to the Indiana State Museum and the creatives whose works are featured for our appreciation. We are ecstatic to have these visual expressions from local artists infused into the ambiance and celebratory nature of the Multicultural Celebration at no additional charge. To learn more, visit the Indiana State Museum website
Women & Hi Tech created this inaugural, signature event to celebrate and appreciate the unity, authenticity, and cultural diversity imbued by the collective body of women in STEM that enhances, enriches, and empowers our local community and statewide STEM landscape to grow a pipeline of female talent driving innovation in Indiana.
We welcome you to celebrate the array of cultures represented in the Indiana STEM community and showcase the diverse connections represented within Women & Hi Tech. Our celebration will feature culturally diverse hors d'oeuvres and dinner, networking with other STEM professionals, and honoring the Health and Science Innovations High School STEM Summer Camp award recipients. We will also dance and enjoy festive tunes from the live band, Chamber Music.
Tickets and registration for our members are $50, non-member prices are $75, and may be purchased online. Each registered guest will receive two beverage tickets, including Women & Hi Tech’s signature celebration cocktail - The Juneteenth Jubilee. A cash bar will also be available.
We look forward to seeing you at our Inaugural 2021 Multicultural Celebration of the Indiana STEM Community and beyond! This one you don’t want to miss.
General Event Information
- General Guidelines:
- Upon parking and arriving at the Indiana State Museum, please check in at the registration table. Temperature of each guest will be checked upon arrival.
- If feeling unwell the day of the event, we ask that you please stay home.
- Based on temperature taken on arrival, guests with a fever will not be admitted.
- Ticket purchases are non-refundable.
- Restrooms will be onsite within the Indiana State Museum.
- Please contact Maria Alvim-Gaston at Networking@womenandhitech.org for questions.
- COVID Guidelines:
- We will follow all CDC guidelines and regulations regarding COVID-19 social distancing, masking, and hand sanitization.
- Masks must be always worn, and may ONLY be removed while eating or drinking.
- Tables will be set and socially distanced in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- Signage regarding hygiene, social distancing, and masks will be posted for guests.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the event space.
- Colored bracelets will be provided for guests to indicate their personal comfort level of social distancing.
- Parking Instructions for White River State Park Underground Parking Garage (801 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204) located directly in front of the Indiana State Museum.
- Parking spaces are NOT reserved.
- Guests will turn right/South into the museum drive (650 W. Washington St. Indianapolis) and then turn LEFT immediately to go down into the underground parking garage. If asked by an attendant, the guest may say they are there for an event at the Indiana State Museum (should not have to pay for event parking).
- Guests will take a parking ticket when they enter the underground parking garage (directly in front of the museum).
- At the event, parking is $10 without a $5 parking discount slip available at the registration table and on the bars, which will reduce the guest parking to $5 total.
- Upon leaving, guests may use either the parking machine located in the vestibule between the museum and the garage to pay with cash or credit card. Guests can also pay by credit card ONLY as they drive out of the garage.
- Guests will insert the parking ticket into the vestibule first, then scan the $5 parking discount slip a few inches below it to reduce the total to $5.
**Despite the pandemic and social/racial unrest that has imposed significant challenges on our global STEM community over the past year, Women & Hi Tech is extremely excited to recognize and celebrate the Women & Hi Tech/Health & Science Innovations High School STEM Summer Camp award recipients at the 2021 Multicultural Celebration on June 9th, 2021. If the planned celebration is postponed due to pandemic circumstances, original tickets may be redeemed at the postponed event. No refunds will be provided, no exceptions. The 2021 Women & Hi Tech/Health & Science Innovations High School STEM Summer Camp award recipients will be recognized at the postponed Multicultural Celebration.
***By registering for this event, you acknowledge that you may be photographed, videotaped, and/or audio-taped during the course of this event and hereby give permission for your image, and/or voice to be used in education, training, promotion, advertisement, and/or trade and communications media by Women & Hi Tech in any and all media outlets throughout the world, without restriction as to frequency or duration of usage.***
****PLEASE NOTE: W & HT event registration is non-transferable. ****