Women & Hi Tech is seeking candidates for a new committee, focused on supporting our community outreach efforts, and strengthening and growing our presence at community and industry events.
The committee will be comprised of 3-4 individuals (women and men), and reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors (although this may change in the future).
To apply, complete this online form by Monday, November 12. Please share this information with your networks and help us create a fantastic committee to help us better serve women in STEM in Indiana.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COMMITTEE MEMBER:
The committee member role is a volunteer position that holds no voting rights.
Term: (1) year
Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and enthusiasm to work towards the mission of Women & Hi Tech. They have the ability to positively influence others.
Ideal candidates have experience in event planning and management, with special consideration given to those with experience specifically in STEM-related fields. Candidates must have flexibility in their schedule to accommodate booth setup/teardown at various times of day, ranging from early morning to late evening. All candidates must be members in good standing and must remain in good standing throughout their time on the committee.
Phase I – Initially, responsibilities will include:
- Coordination, delivery, setup and tear down of the Women & Hi Tech booth for various events, including K-12 outreach events, collegiate outreach events, networking events, women’s events, industry-specific events, etc.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Director to provide trained members or board members to staff the booth
- Store and manage booth materials
- Includes dry cleaning table covers, re-stocking candy, and keeping an accurate inventory of all items
- Maintain booth calendar
- Purchase new equipment with board approval
- Participate in a monthly call
Phase II – Once the committee is up and running, it will also be responsible for:
• 5 hours per month