Women & Hi Tech is pleased to announce the Board of Directors for the term that commenced July 1, 2019.
Elected Officers of the Women & Hi Tech Board of Directors:
President: Angela B. Freeman
, Intellectual Property/Patent Attorney, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- President-Elect: Rebecca Bormann, Managing Director of Sales and Services, Bell Techlogix, Inc.
- Treasurer: Bobbie LaFollette, Senior Business Analyst, Baker Hill
- Secretary: Kelly Ragle, Product Manager, Pondurance
Elected Directors of the Women & Hi Tech Board of Directors:
- Collegiate Outreach Director: Merri Beth Lavagnino, Director, Strategic Planning & Enterprise Risk, Indiana University
- Communications Director: Lori Boyer, Software Engineer, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Community Outreach Director: Allison Lipps, Research Operations Coordinator, Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center, Inc.
- Corporate Engagement Director: Joy Neely, Central Area, Regional Business Manager, Roche Diagnostic Information Solutions
- Executive Women's Forum Director: Linda Hicks, Vice President of Midwest Operations for ECC Horizon
- K-12 Outreach Director: Amanda McCammon, President, Ingenuity, LLC
- Leading Light Awards Director: Lauryn Andrews, Project Coordinator Consultant, netlogx
- Membership Administrator: Carol Ganz, Director of Client Experiences, Six Feet Up, Inc.
- Networking Events Director: Maria Alvim-Gaston, Principal Research Scientist, Eli Lilly and Company
- Past President: Darcy Lee, Director of Accounts & Business Development, Metonymy Media
- Volunteer Director: Karen Harris, Vice President & Information Officer Manufacturing and Quality, Eli Lilly and Company
Elected Active Emeritus of the Women & Hi Tech Board of Directors:
- Angie Engel, Sales Executive, Perficient
- Gail Farnsley, VP, Executive Partner, Gartner
- Tonya Hanshew, Proposal Management Team Lead - OLS, Veeva Systems
- Rajinder Heir, Enterprise Security Program Consultant, Information Services Agency, City of Indianapolis | Marion County
- Wendy Maple, Outreach Consultant, netlogx
- Jayne Merryman, Sr. Account Executive, ePlus.
- Susan Vaughn, CEO, The Project Authority
- Tiffany White, Head of Engineering Operations, Defense Sector, Rolls-Royce
Elected Emeritus of the Women & Hi Tech Board of Directors:
- Jo Basey, Retired, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- Deb Hallberg, CEO, Pass the Torch for Women Foundation
- Ali Hromis, Release Manager, Salesforce
- Melissa Lavella, Quality Supervisor, Roche Diagnostics
- Patsy Lentz, Retired Business Development Professional
- Jane Richardson, Executive Director, IT Strategy and Optimization Leader, Cummins Inc.
- Audrey Taylor, Founder and CEO, netlogx
- Tiffany Trusty, President, Trusty Applications and Manager, Mobile Medial Apps, Eli Lilly and Company
"As Women & Hi Tech continues to recognize our 20th Anniversary as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded here in Indiana, we are excited to welcome four new members to the Women & Hi Tech Board of Directors, including Lauryn Andrews, Allison Lipps, Amanda McCammon, and Joy Neely, and to announce Rebecca Bormann as President-Elect," said Angela B. Freeman, President of Women & Hi Tech.
Angela further commented, "as an all-volunteer working Board, our Directors, Emeritus, along with our members, work diligently to promote our mission in order to help recruit, retain, and advance the best and brightest female STEM talent in Indiana. This challenge is no less important in 2019 as it was in 1999, particularly in light of the evolving demographics of our STEM community. As the first African-American President of Women & Hi Tech, under my leadership, our Board will continue to position this organization to have impact and drive change over the next two decades by ensuring that our membership, board leadership, and sponsorships reflect the diversity and inclusivity of the Indiana STEM community that we serve. This is a very exciting time to be involved with Women & Hi Tech as we 'Celebrate our Past and Invest in our Future,' which simply would not be possible without the time, talents, and treasures of all of these women, and so many more who came before us."
To view the biographies of Women & Hi Tech's board members, visit the website at womenandhitech.org/board.
About Women & Hi Tech:
Women & Hi Tech exists to change the landscape of women represented in STEM to be equally inclusive to all. To achieve our goal, we work to connect female STEM professionals with each other and our community in Indiana.
To learn more about Women & Hi Tech, please contact
Women & Hi Tech
133 West Market Street, #220
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2801